Your child will begin taking the state required achievement tests beginning on Wednesday, March 6th. (There is no school on Monday, March 4th and a Snow day on Tuesday, March 5th.) Students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 8 will be tested in reading and mathematics. Students in grades 4 and 7 will be tested in reading, mathematics, and science. The tests are a part of the Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) program. The results of state tests will be reported in the fall on the School Report Card. In addition, you will receive information about your child’s performance on the state tests he/she took.
The Staff has planned an assembly on March 1st to help get students “pumped up” for ISATS. Our theme is, “Why Be Good When You Can Be Great.” Please see the backside of the letter sent home for the prizes that were purchased to increase motivation on the ISAT.
You can help your child do his/her best on the test by:
1) Making sure that your child attends school on the days of testing.
2) Making sure that your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing.
3) Encouraging your child to eat a healthy breakfast on the mornings of testing.
4) Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand the
5) Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best.
6) Advising your child not to worry about the test-just do the best he/she can.
Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher if you have further questions about these tests.
We look forward to sharing the ISAT results with you in the fall. With your help and support, we will continue to make progress.
Grant Park Administration & Staff