Soccer Study Guide
1. Throw-in: A method of restarting play after the ball has traveled outside the touchlines.
2. Out of Bounds Line: A side line or boundary line.
3. Fouls: Called when a player runs into, charges, pushes, kicks, trips or holds a player from the other team.
4. Positions: 11 players on a team
· Forwards or Strikers (2-3 players): Offense
· Midfielders (3-4 players): Offense
· Fullbacks (4 players): Defense
· Goalie (1 player): Defense
Dribbling: 4 cues that is important.
· 1. Keep the ball at arms length away.
· 2. Use inside/outside or top of the foot.
· 3. Do not use your toes.
· 4. Knees are bent.
Trapping: 3 cues that are important.
· 1. The ball can be trapped with the foot, chest, legs or head!
· 2. The ball is an egg, do not break it.
· 3. Absorb the ball.
Passing: 5 cues that are important.
· 1. Lock ankle and form an L; use inside, outside or top of the foot.
· 2. Bend knees.
· 3. Step with opposite foot.
· 4. Sweep with leg/foot and kick.
· 5. Follow through.
· 1. The soccer ball should not be dribbled, passed, trapped or shot with the toes.
· 2. It is illegal for anyone, other than the goalie, to touch the soccer ball with their hands. However, if someone is throwing the ball in, they can touch the ball.
· 3. The whistle stops play.
· 4. The teacher has the final word in any questioned situations.
· 5. A goal is worth 1 point.